Sunday, August 12, 2012

Very important thoughts...

...can be found elsewhere. Meanwhile, there's this:

• Isn't evaporation awesome? I mean, imagine how terrible it would be if liquid water just didn't disappear into the atmosphere like it does. We'd just be wet all the time, especially after a rainstorm. Our hair would never dry. And so on.

• Here's a great quote from Walt Whitman's 'Song of Myself,' which I would like to read someday:
Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
• Another nice notion, which I heard somewhere on National Public Radio: "Truth is what everyone right now declines to argue about."

• Why is global warming a concern when all I hear about is polarization?

• When I was a kid, for years I thought 'The Charge of the Light Brigade' was a poem about electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment